The 15-person committee represents the university’s faculty and staff as well as community members. NMSU alumnus Larry Lujan will serve as the committee’s chair. Lujan is familiar with the search process at NMSU. He also served as chair for the university’s most recent presidential search from December 2012 to May 2013.
• Larry Lujan, chairman of HUB New Mexico
• Bernadette Montoya, NMSU’s vice president for student affairs and enrollment management
• Cheryl Harrelson, NMSU’s vice president for university advancement
• Christa Slaton, dean of NMSU’s College of Arts and Sciences
• Glen Haubold, NMSU’s associate vice president for facilities
• Jerry Smith, president and CEO of Laguna Development Corporation
• Jim Peach, NMSU professor and faculty athletics representative to the NCAA
• Jordan Banegas, NMSU student and member of the NMSU Board of Regents
• Kevin Melendrez, NMSU associate professor and academic department head of accounting
• Lou Henson, former NMSU basketball coach
• Lou Sisbarro, president of Sisbarro Dealerships
• Marvin Menzies, NMSU head basketball coach
• Mickey Clute, president of GenCon Corp.
• Stuart Munson-McGee, NMSU professor and chair of NMSU’s faculty senate
• Wes Jackson, NMSU student and president of ASNMSU
Carruthers said he hoped the committee would have recommendations for NMSU’s new athletics director by the end of the fall semester, with the new person able to start as soon as Jan. 1, 2015.